Friday, September 2, 2011

loss

i hate losing. losing a basketball game, losing a friend, losing someone I wish I could hold onto. i think loss is my weakness. there are people i wouldn't want to give up on. ever. i call them friends. i love them. but if it came down to it would i let them go? would i lose them knowing that they would gain something better. i'm not sure.
i lost someone. the hardest loss i ever went through was a friend. a best friend, actually. she knew everything about me. and then.. she left. i knew it was coming. i knew she had to leave. but why, I asked God.
because she was only a loan, He said. i know. loans have to be returned. but please... can't You just wait a little bit longer? No, I have a purpose for her somewhere else. So i said goodbye. But I never truly let go.
to my best friend and little sister: i love you to death. i hold you in my heart and i'm never ever going to forget about you. ever. i promise. God has great things for you. i will see you again. one day. soon. but for now, farwell.
yours truly, M

No comments:

Post a Comment