Saturday, September 17, 2011

still searching


I am afraid. I am frightened. Frightened that if I remove the dense mask that coats my hidden face, I will be rejected. So, I hide my true self behind a mask of immaturity, happiness, and false confidence. But I am made in Your image- for have You not said so? And if You are beautiful, then am I not beautiful as well? Yet, even with this assurance, I mask my beauty. I mask the beauty which you have given me because of shame. Ashamed of my imperfections. But imperfections
 are beautiful- did You not create me full being, imperfections and all? I believe it is possible to be beautifully imperfect. I put my assurance in only You. No longer do I place a false sense of confidence up as a wall around me, but I trust You. You, my amazing creator.
I am Yours. Your beautiful imperfection.

-i miss being able to write like this. in time, maybe, just maybe, i will regain what i have lost; talent. but in order to regain talent i also need inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment