Monday, August 22, 2011

Comparison

They don't notice me. No matter how nicely I dress, no matter how much time I spend in front of the mirror, it doesn't matter to them. I think it will, so I buy all the nice clothes, I style my hair just right. But they don't even notice. And it all feels like a waste.
Goodbye facebook. I need to get away from you. I see all these things people say to each other- they're loved, they're missed, they're noticed. So apparently, due to my lack of wall posts, I'm not loved, missed, or noticed. It's stupid, really. And I need to stop. I need to stop comparing my looks, my attention, and myself to other people.
"Comparison is the thief of joy." -Audrey Hepburn
So totally true. I have great friends, yet I want everyone to be my friend. Because I see what I do not have, I want more. And what I have becomes minimal, unimportant. What I have is so important to me. But, yet, looking at what others have, it becomes less so. It doesn't have to be this way.
I am loved. I am missed. I am noticed. I believe this to be true, whether or not it seems to be so. And I don't need what they have because I have more than enough already. So I'm done comparing.

Let God bring you joy and rejoice in what He has given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment